When we add custom objects to Sales Cloud through the app composer, we can enable Oracle Social Network (OSN) for these objects too.
Per object, whether it is a custom or a standard object, we can enable them for OSN in 2 possible ways:
- Automatic: for each record, a conversation is created automatically
- Manual: for each record, users can choose to create a conversation or not
Furthermore the object fields (attributes) that need to be tracked by OSN can be identified. When these are changed, an automatic post to OSN with the values of all tracked fields is created.
Here is how to change the way OSN works with Sales Cloud:
- log on to sales cloud as an administrator
- choose ‘Setup and Maintenance’ from the navigator
- search for the task ‘Manage Oracle Social Network Objects’