Oracle Sales Cloud release 10 has finally arrived and a lot of things have been changed or added.
But let me start the overview of what is new in R10 with an overview of what has changed in the User Experience. A lot has changed and I think the changes make Sales Cloud look even better!
There is probably a lot more, but this is what I have found out so far:
As of the first time you log on, you will see quite some changes:
- There is a ‘home’ icon again. In the previous release, one had to click on the Oracle logo or any other logo that was put in its place to return to the homepage or springboard. But a home icon doing exactly the same was put back in place. This also brings the salesrep ‘Simplified UI’ closed to the administrators more sophisticated UI.
- The navigator has moved to the top left of the screen
- Next to the springboard (the home screen with all the navigation buttons), an extra dashboard has been added that can be swiped to on a tablet, or can be clicked to on a larger screen.
- Extra functionality has been added to the menu bar like an indicator of how many notifications are waiting, the watchlist and a link to favorite and recently visited pages.
- Extra options to show the available icons to a user have been added. These now can be grouped into folders that will unfold once they are clicked on.
- Long sandbox names used to be truncated in R9 when shown on a screen. Now in R10, having the sandbox mentioned on a separate line, also leaves enough place for the sandbox name always to be completely visible.
Also the navigator has been reworked and now so much better. Notice the changes in the tools section, this will be discussed in a future post but looks very intriguing right?
The navigator would have been off course a lot smaller if I would not have given myself a lot of roles 🙂
As mentioned in the beginning of this post, next to the springboard, the homepage has gotten an extra dashboard. Notice how the dashboard compared to R9 now can contain a lot more infolets.
In order to get to this dashboard on a tablet, a swipe from left to right will get you here. On a larger screen, you have to click with a mouse on one of the dots to navigate between the homepage and this dashboard.
On the top right there is an option called ‘Infolet Repository’ where users can select the infolets they can see.
List pages have seen some dramatic changes too. The user experience in R10 is adapting more to the size of the screen, unlike in R9 where a screen always behaved as it were being used on a tablet, leading to some unused spaces on wider screens of laptops and desktops:
- Overall the font size is slightly smaller
- The pages adapt to the screen size leading to wider pages on wider screens. This allows also for more columns being visible in list pages
- More records are being shown on list pages, whilst the amount of scroll bars has been reduced.
- The sidetabs on the left on the screen on list pages have been removed and will only show now if there are multiple options to choose from
Notice how using the collapse/expand link above the list, the menu buttons disappear, the list is moved up.
Overview and Detail Pages
Nothing much has changed, but the small changes in font size and general styling make them look cleaner in my opinion.