As I mentioned in my Release 12 Analytics Enhancement post, one of the big new additions to Sales Cloud in Release 12 are the Sales Cloud Content Packs for Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service (DVCS). The first of those content packs ‘Sales VP Content Pack’ has been released on Oracle Cloud Customer Connect and that is what I wanted to share in this post.
The following analysis templates are included in the content pack:
- Sales Review – Monitor and Assess closed opportunity line revenue against Quota and adjusted forecast in a given quarter
- Pipeline Review – Proactively monitor open opportunity revenue for the remaining weeks in the current quarter
- Product line Review – View product line revenue for the remaining weeks in the current quarter and compare historical trends
- Competitor Analysis – Perform analysis on top competitors and win/loss details
- Top deals in Play – Understand the opportunity progression for top deals based on Snapshot of the week & year
- Quarterly Business Review – Supporting analysis templates for running a quarterly business review meeting
What is a Content Pack
Oracle Sales Cloud comes with amazing reporting capabilities. They allow for amazing operational analysis based on the real-time data available in Sales Cloud, often referred to as ‘OTBI’. Data Visualization Cloud Service is an additional reporting tool, not included in a Sales Cloud license that can provide support for a different kind of analysis. It is complementary to Sales Cloud if:
- You want to combine Sales Cloud data with information from other system
- You want to combine Sales Cloud data with data contained in Excel files
- You want to do what-if analysis
- You want to browse and discover data rather than just consume reports made for you by someone else
But DVCS is application agnostic, it is an empty toolbox that allows you to create reports and dashboards yourself using data that resides in the applications you connect to. This is where the content packs provide you with a head-start !
Content Packs are free-off-charge, read-to-use, out-of-the-box reports and dashboards for Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service.
As DVCS is not included in any Sales Cloud license, this content is only useful when you also have a DVCS service subscription with Oracle also.
What comes with a Content Pack
DVCS cannot connect directly to Sales Cloud to retrieve data. It relies on traditional OTBI reports to provide data access. A content pack therefore comes with the following assets:
- Sales Cloud OTBI reports that can be uploaded to any Sales Cloud instance. They provide DVCS access to Sales Cloud data. These come in the format of a ‘.catalog’ file which can be unarchived back into reports in Sales Cloud
- DVCS analysis files that consume the data made available through the above described OTBI reports and allow end users to discover that data with DVCS using the out-of-the-box reports and .
- A user guide
Where to find the Sales VP Content Pack?
The content packs can be downloaded as additional assets to your Sales Cloud instance from Oracle Customer Connect. The Sales VP Content pack can be downloaded here !
Have fun discovering your Sales Cloud data !!